Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What do you think of a 12 year old 6th grader wearing eye shadow (applied lightly) and lip gloss?

What about the same child also wearing a little mascara?What do you think of a 12 year old 6th grader wearing eye shadow (applied lightly) and lip gloss?
Not if its made in chinaWhat do you think of a 12 year old 6th grader wearing eye shadow (applied lightly) and lip gloss?
I think my Mom's rule was that I could wear make up like that (light and no mascara or eye liner) when I turned 14. I'm pretty sure that she bent the rules and let me at 13. I think 12 might be a little too young for daily make up, but once in a while for fun I think it's fine.





I have an 8 year old girl, and every now and then she asks me to put make up on her. I take my lightest-barely can see pink eyeshadow and pink lip gloss and let her wear it.
if it's really light then I wouldn't have a problem with it. My parents got me powder and mascara when I turned 12 or 13 but it was like the exact same color of my skin and eye lashes naturally so I felt cool and like I got some privileges and they were probably laughing cause they got a fast one over on me. I don't see anything wrong with it.
Personally, I think too much makeup makes an adolescent look a little silly, kind of like the 5 year old dressing up in her mother's high heels. But then, my opinion wouldn't matter one bit to a 12 year old. And I do remember sneaking makeup to school in my purse when I was about that age. I'd say as long as it's somewhat natural looking and not too heavily applied, it's OK. But I think 12 year olds are beautiful as they are.
Personally, I see nothing wrong with this. My girls are used to the make up scene because of dance recitals and cheer competitions. It's nothing new here. My ten year old wears lip gloss and light brown mascera. Not every day, but sometimes she will. She'll be 11 soon.


All of her friends wear makeup sometimes, too. Not overboard, you can barely see it unless you are looking for it.


I hate powder and foundation, though, on kids because they already have flawless skin. Not a big fan of blush either. Eye makeup and lipgloss is fine, to me.
I think it is fine.


Especially if you apply a light purple or blue or pink would be very pretty and maybe just a tad of lip gloss just lightly pink!





mascara would be fine as long as you apply little and make sure you get all the clumps out of your eyelashes
if you have to question it, then the answer is NO! i definitely wouldn't allow my 12 year old girl to wear makeup. she would have to wait until she's like 15 or 16, at the age when she can purchase it herself. 12 is too young, next it's going to be dating, then buying birth control....you get the point! 12 is way too young....let her enjoy her youth and innocence, that's what that age is about...
I don't think eyeshadow is really a good day-look for anyone. Maybe for a dance or a party, but not for daily use. Lipgloss is pretty harmless. Mascara is probably not a big deal if it looks pretty natural.
I dont think anythings wrong with light eye shadow and lipgloss. I was in 6th or 7th grade when I started wearing it. The other girls in my class were wearing mascara and eyeliner then! (that i wouldnt think is okay)
I wore make up in 6th grade, of course not a lot of it. I don't think it has effected me negatively. Now I am 22, a senior in college and I am a master at applying it :)
Absolutely fine.


Now, if she looks like Mimi from the drew carey show then its not ok.





Light eyeshadow, light mascara(yes, mascara can be applied lightly) and lip gloss is fine.
I guess it would be okay if she knows how to keep it fresh. Like, for example, learning to refresh her lip gloss after each cigarette.
12 is lip gloss only


13 is lip gloss and light blush or powder


14 is okay where what you want but remember less is more.
let her be creative just tell your daughter that she is beutiful witout make up, she will obviously not obey and wear it anyway but make sure she put on light
I think it's unnecessary and would look bad.





Harriet
That's okay.
No, 12 is too young.

No comments:

Post a Comment