Saturday, December 26, 2009

Dry skin above lips and eye lids?

I've been having this problem where I've been having dry skin only above my lips. But it's only been happening during the winter, never during the summer. And so when it does happen, I just put on vaseline for a couple of days and it eventually goes away. However, it's been more than a week and the dry-ness is still there. Also, I've noticed my eyelids also having that dry flaky feeling as well. Do you think it's because of my make up? I mean, I've been wearing eye make up for a while but now it's really a pain taking it off because of my eye lids and when I take it off (with eye make up remover), my eyes still get red. Should I keep using vaseline or is there something else I should do? Any help is appreciated. Thank you!Dry skin above lips and eye lids?
It sounds like an allergic reaction or an extremely mild case of rosacea, in any case you should go see the dermatologist.Dry skin above lips and eye lids?
I had the same problem with the eyes. I went to the doctor, and he said I had eczema. He prescribed a special lotion (Elidel) to use, and it healed it within a few days. You may need something stronger than just Veseline.

No comments:

Post a Comment