Saturday, December 26, 2009

My dog american eskimo bite my son on the lip and eye last sunday, he is quarentine right now?

and he has had training before and i still continued to play rough with him and son seen this and did too, with some more training and behaviour classes do you think this will happen again. my son is 3 and my daughter is 1 my wife wants to get rid of him and i want to work with him, i am very attached to the dog and my family and i feel it waas my fault it happened any answers?My dog american eskimo bite my son on the lip and eye last sunday, he is quarentine right now?
You play rough with your dog and then expect him to know to be gentle with your 3 year old?





That dog will act how you TRAIN him to act. Whether purposefully or not.





That dog is not at fault. You are.





ADDED:





Dogs are easily trainable. Don't give up on the dog. He can easily be re-trained to be much more docile if you commit to changing your behavior. If your wife is set on getting rid of the dog. Tell her you'll take him to obedience classes and will keep him away from the kids until he's used to being much more gentle. It's extremely easy to teach a dog to be nice. Even a personal dog trainer is an option if you have the money.My dog american eskimo bite my son on the lip and eye last sunday, he is quarentine right now?
I agree that the dog is not at fault.





Also though, if you have had the dog for a while, and the children have come along later, bearing in mind he is a pack animal, and when children move up the pack ranks ahead of him, he can resent it. He doesn't know they can be hurt by his behaviour, as dogs in a pack are always roughing each other up if they overstep their rank in the pack.





Your children do come first, your wife is being the protective mother, as she will not take a chance with the safety of your children.





It would be good if you could safely keep the dog, but if in doubt the dog must go.





All the best for all your family, furry ones as well





Peace and Blessings
Stop playing rough with your dog! you should never encourage a dog to be vicious even in play. This incident was not your dogs fault, sorry but it was yours for allowing your dog to think this behavior was ok. Let him come home and make sure the kids are not alone with him until you're sure he understands he is not allowed to be rough and your kids know not to try to play that way with him. could also watch Cesar Milan - dog whisperer episodes on TV - really helped my male collie who my brother played rough with. The dog bit me but I gave him second chance, told my brother to stop rough-housing and the dog is now the softest pooch around.
You should have a puppy that can grow up with the children. When they do they are more apt to protect the child than they are to hurt it. You showed the dog how to play rough and because of it he does not know how to act with small children. The children and their safety is your mine concern. Sorry it goes!
Your kids are too young to be around a dog you can't trust. I know personally the unreasoning attachment one can have to an animal that turns out to be unsuitable for domestication. You just can't take the risk with your young family.
If you train your dog to play rough it will continue to play rough. You are the one that needs training on how to treat your dog. Get rid of the dog and don't get another one.
you should NEVER NEVER play rough with any dog as this has a tendency to create an aggressive dog if you choose to keep the dog I would NEVER trust it around kids why take the chance
GET RID OF THE DOG


your cjildren should be more important to you than a stupid dog

No comments:

Post a Comment